Transforming Overeating Therapy
Chocolate and Inner Peace
Have you had it with yo-yo dieting but still searching for lasting weight loss?
Do You Recognize Yourself?
- You’re tried everything and know what to do but the thought of going on another diet is enough to make you shovel in the food
- You eat large amounts of food in a short amount of time
- You eat when you’re not hungry and then feel depressed, guilty or ashamed after
- One part of you wants to lose weight but another part wants to run to the fridge to “stuff” your feelings because you’re tired, bored, lonely or angry
- You don’t know when you’re hungry or full unless you’re starving or stuffed
- You deprive yourself of nice clothes because you think that you’re too fat
- You know your weight is a health risk
- You feel that your size is holding you back from living the life you want
- You often wonder, “What’s wrong with me?”
- You can’t afford to be on this rollercoaster but doubt you’ll ever get off
- You’ve begun to believe that the real work is really between your ears but don’t know where to start
A Stunning Weight Loss Fact
Most people regain the weight they lose (plus an additional 10 – 20 pounds or more) within two years and often much sooner, despite the best of intentions and the diet followed – and then they blame their failure on not having enough willpower.
Diets Don’t Work and Weight Loss is Not the Goal
- Diets don’t work because they always end
- Diets end because they are based on deprivation
- Deprivation is unsustainable; like a pendulum that inevitably swings into a binge
- Diets don’t heal the underlying emotional issues that make you tear into a bag of cookies or a tub of hummus
- Will power fades because it’s an imposition of your determination to lose weight over a natural desire to eat
If you ride the weight loss rollercoaster, you know the damage of emotional eating to your self-esteem and your health first hand.
The Goal is to Heal the cycle of emotional eating without dieting, overeating or binge eating.
Eating and body image problems are not really about food. They’re solutions to a problem; clever habits that you unconsciously developed, often at an early age, hoping they would soothe you or protect you from being hurt, only to find that the vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting hurts you as much if not more than those hurtful relationships. You can put a stop to emotional eating and lose weight naturally. Diets don’t work — and learning how to self-soothe without using food is possible.
Healing from emotional eating means…
- Eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re full
- Trusting yourself
- Taking pleasure in your body
- Having nurturing relationships
- Losing weight without depriving yourself of or punishing yourself with food
- Being free to have more fun and joy in your life
The real you, hiding inside deserves to come out and be recognized. We’ll work together to relieve what makes you run to the fridge so your relationship with food is changed for good. You don’t have to live with the hopelessness of this burden – there is an alternative to the roller coaster of emotional eating. If you’re ready to stop dieting and transform your relationship with food, please call me today. I would love to help.